Wednesday, December 19, 2012

.right now.

When I get stressed at the state of the world, I pause and take an honest look at my life. My days are spent cleaning up a lot of poop and dirt, but those responsible for the messes are better off for being part of my household. My family can afford and chooses to eat fresh eggs, broccoli, chai tea, and quinoa. We have jobs in fields that fulfill our souls. Singalongs around the piano are normal. Board games, crafts and dance parties fill our time rather than prime time tv shows. We do watch the occasional holiday or classic film and a little mickey mouse clubhouse in the name learning while the kid is awake. And we catchup on pop culture after childhood sleep has arrived, if we have anything left to keep ourselves awake, that is.

I really do live a charmed life. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a small child to dance and singalong to 1st half of Sound of Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment