Saturday, April 6, 2013

A new play place

I don't know about you guys but every Spring and Fall I systematically go through everything in my house. Clothes and cobwebs are usually first and then the yard and garden work. Once I'm comfortably clothed and the planting is done, I look around the house and try to find a way to be more comfortable indoors once the heat (or cold) sets in. Can we avoid the hottest room of the house in the late afternoon? Where can we hide during that time? This year, I've re-purposed my dining room.

I've been wanting to do this ever since moving our full-sized bed into Emagene's room and noticed how uninviting playtime in there became. She's getting bigger and more complicated play is happening. She needs more space to be creative than her crowded, closet-less room with one too few bookshelves allowed. So I rearranged and created space for dramatic play in a well lit room that also houses the AC unit! Those concrete floors are going to feel so great on bare feet come July! And when this pregnant mama needs a break, the grown-up table is right behind me perfectly situated for painting and Play-Doh time!
Now to make some darker curtains for that south facing window before things really heat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment